Monday, September 04, 2006

Socks for Dad




Here is one finished sock and one in progress. This pair is for my dad. I am using Briggs and Little tuffy in a color called granite. Of course bought at FYL. When it is in the skien this yarn looks like the underneath of a hen, but when knitted it looks tweedish.

Sean was very jealous that i wasn't knitting this pair for him. I guess he wants more knitted socks so he doesn't have to turn the heat on until January. I dont think his sister will agree to that. I don't care I have my own apartment and I just wont go over to his if i can see my breath while sitting on the couch.

I have decided not to buy any more yarn until after thee fiber festival. It is in two weeks I think I have enough to hold me til then. I found and balled more yarn to make dog coats out of, I think I need to start making a few so that the Humane Society can have some before christmas. As well as little christmas stockings for pets. I still need to design those.

2 comments:

M said...

Hi Kat. I´m Marilia and I live in Brasil. Unfortunatelly my blog is in portuguese... I´m posting it just to say your work is amazing !!!! The only person I ever saw working on socks like you, were my grandmother Sofia and she passed away a long time ago. Congratulations!!! Very well done.

M said...

oops my blog is moronaroca.blogspot.com
beijos