Tuesday, September 19, 2006

mmm apple cider....


I am feeling a little sick with a cold and would like to take a nap, however the lawn mowers are out in full force. Winston is terrified every time they go past the window. Since the nap will not commence anytime soon I figured I'd blog. This brings me to the present time where I am deciding what pictorial to blog about. The apple cider is flowing and so are the creative juices.

Apple cider got me in the mood for fall which in turn got me in the mood winter, for mittens and the best part... for Christmas.

Ah, here you will see a pair of mittens I recently finished. They are of my own thinking, with a little bit of help from a few mittens I have made. They are of course knit in Biggs and Little, in a heathered red and a navy. The picture came out a little bright, they really don’t reflect light. They will be Christmas gifts unless of course Jane can sell them.

I am charging my batteries for my camera so I can take pictures of what I started today......WINSTON'S CHRISTMAS STOCKING!!!!! I'll post it later tonight or tomorrow. Actually it might be done by tomorrow especially since I can't nap right now.

One more thing I wanted to post right now is a recipe for apple cider pancakes otherwise know as a little piece of heaven for your mouth...
Make a serving size of bisquick or whatever type of pancake mix you want, but instead of adding water add that amount in apple cider. Add a half a tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 nutmeg, and 1/4 cloves or to your liking.
Serve with real maple syrup!

No comments: